Friday, September 3, 2010

New Guest Room--Phase 1

Well, the priming and painting is done, and the bed is set up so I will have a place for people to sleep this weekend.  Right now, the room is pretty boring because there's nothing on the walls and the quilt I want to make is still just pieces of fabric in the garage but the room is definitely on its way.

(Ignore the quilt on the bed--it really doesn't look that great with the wall color but I needed the warmth of another blanket.)

The color is prettier than the photo shows.  It's a light greenish yellow called Summer Resort.   I laid out the quilt fabrics I bought and I like the way they look--I really like the orange and lime green ones the best so I might change directions with the quilt and go with only those two colors.  Another idea is to go with aqua and green--there is a nice quilt at Target with those colors that I think would look good and then I wouldn't have to make a quilt...decisions, decisions.  Too many to make right now.  :)

Wish I didn't hate returning things so much because then I'd just go buy the quilt at Target and try it out in the room to see what I think.  I might do it anyway, since I have to go to Costco and get party food tomorrow.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Go to Target, get the quilt. Even if it's not perfect and you still want to make your Kaffe....you can...but you give yourself time.

Can't wait to see wall color in person. Pic looks very....yellowy beige...which doesn't seem like you. Greenish yellow sounds more like you. ;)

Tink said...

Didyadidyadidyahuh?

Btw you are a super hero accomplisher! Mwah!

Vonnie said...

Good job! Now lie down and take a nap.