Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Almost Famous

Last Friday night was a night to thrill any mom's heart.  After an awesome day spent with my bestest friends ever, I got to jump in the car and head down to Tacoma to watch my oldest son's film "The Match Girl" on the big screen.  The film was a selected film in this year's Tacoma Film Festival. 

Notice the ticket stub :)

It was such a fun evening.  The first thing that happened was that my daughter and I stood in line right behind the actress that played the grandmother.  I recognized her and introduced myself and we had a really nice conversation.  I even asked her for her autograph for a little "mom"erabilia.   

Then we noticed that my sister-in-law and brother-in-law were in line ahead of us (too far ahead to visit with but we at least waved).  And then my budding superstar filmmaker showed up with his friends and fellow filmmakers and I got a huge hug and an introduction to the executive producer of his film.  He was the one who believed enough in the film to shell out money for post production costs. 

After the film, one of  Alex's other filmmaker friends somehow recognised me as Alex's mom and came up and introduced himself to me.  That was fun.  :) 

I was hoping to post a pic I took of Alex and friends after the film but I took it on his phone and he didn't get it sent to me before he had to leave for Seattle for a paid shoot.  If I ever get the photo, I'll post it here--he looks good all spiffed up.  Black shirt, black pants, white tie, blond hair sticking straight up.  :)

4 comments:

Tink said...

Life is so great kind of night--for sure! Happy dancing for you all!

Cindy said...

Memories!!! What an awesome experience for you.

Vonnie said...

Wonderful. Here's to many more opening nights to come. Yea Alex!

It's Really Me said...

Oh how incredibly fun. What a memory to have. Events like that are far and few between and fun to savor. How is your craft room coming along?