Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Studio Peek

I've been hard at work this last week trying to get all my crap studio stuff out of boxes and onto shelves.  The knitting and spinning stuff went pretty fast but the fabric has taken forever!  Of course, I decided to iron it all and put it on mini bolts on the shelves instead of just folding it so that's part of why it took so long.  I got the idea from various sewing blogs when I was trying to figure out how best to arrange stuff in the new studio space.  I love how creative people are!  The smaller mini bolts are comic book boards that I got at my local comic book store.  You can see the blog where I got the idea here.  

My fabric for sewing clothes is on pieces of foam core board that I cut into pieces 15" tall by 6 5/8" wide (a 20 x 30 sheet of foam core cut this way gives you 6 mini bolts).  I got the idea from this blog but had to change the size of the pieces because a lot of my apparel fabric is 60" wide.   

The sewing area is 99% done though.  Tomorrow I'll go through the last of the trims and odds and ends that are left and find homes for them.  Then it's on to the art and jewelry areas...sigh.  I think I might have to take a break to clean house; it's looking pretty messy right now.  :)

Here are the shelves in all their loveliness!

Here they are with the pretty doors closed.  I love that I can still see all the colors of my fabric!

Here's a close-up of the many, many small pieces of quilting fabric I have...I really didn't realize just how many until I started putting them on the mini-bolts.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the doors.

Diana said...

Actually, that was me.

Cindy said...

I bet you're glad you took the time to iron and organize. It looks great.

Vonnie said...

It's so pretty I want to go shopping there :)