It all started with my trip to Arizona in February. I needed new underwear and didn't have time or fabric to sew them so I bought some to take with me. Even though I bought the "right" size, they were too big, so after the trip, I washed them and put them aside in the studio. I figured it would be quick and easy to take the waistband elastic off of them, sew the side seams smaller, cut off an inch at the top and re-attach the elastic. Ummm....DON'T EVER LET ANYONE TALK YOU INTO DOING SUCH AN IDIOTIC THING!
Each pair took 40 minutes just to get the elastic off and then another 20 minutes to resew. 10 hours later, I finished my "quick and easy" project. Even if I only paid myself minimum wage, I still might have been able to buy some really nice undies with the time I spent redoing these. I think I'm going to have to stop procrastinating on finding some good quality fabric for making lingerie so that I'm never tempted to repeat this particular idiocy.
Just as a side note, I really can't believe I'm blogging about this either! I think I've gone totally over the edge!