Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Beauty and Joy

I've been listening to Mozart and Beethoven today, getting ready for teaching my music history and appreciation class tomorrow at band.  The Queen of the Night aria from Mozart's "The Magic Flute", "Voi Che Sapete" from Mozart's "The Marriage of Figaro", Mozart's Symphony No. 40 in g minor, The "Apassionata" piano sonata by Beethoven, the "Moonlight" Sonata by Beethoven, Beethoven's 5th  and 9th symphonies.  They are all such absolutely beautiful pieces of music and I can't even begin to describe the joy that they bring to my heart.  They make me cry, they are so beautiful.  I hope that you all get a chance to listen to some of them sometime.

Another joy I'd almost forgotten about is the sunrise the kids and I saw last Thursday when we were getting ready to leave for band.  I can't believe that I get to see such beauty just by walking out my back door.


No retouching done, honest!  This is what we saw.


"The heavens are telling of the glory of God;
and their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
  Psalm 19:1

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow...that sunrise pic is gorgeous.
Isn't it nice that this time of year we...those of us who sleep in....can actually see a sunrise? :)

Vonnie said...

Amazing! Beautiful shot my dear. It's film right?

Tink said...

wowzah!!! Great shot MJo